Byron Georgiou has served as the sole independent director of ForeSee Medical, Inc. since its formation in 2017. Byron currently oversees Georgiou Enterprises, with wide-ranging interests:
- Xtreme Green Electric Vehicles Inc.: Chair, President, CEO and controlling shareholder of manufacturer of lithium-ion, iron-phosphate battery powered all-electric niche vehicles distributed worldwide;
- HealthFusion: Lead investor in, and from 2010 to 2016 sole independent non-founder director. The company provides practice management and cloud-based information technology to U.S. healthcare providers, which was sold in 2016
- Corinthian Capital Group, Co-Founder of this New York and Boston based middle market private equity fund
- Genelux: Director since 2014 of Genelux, a Phase 2 clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with a proprietary oncolytic virus-based technology platform
- NIPD Genetics: Director since 2016 of NIPD Genetics, a Cyprus-based biotechnology company active in the design, development and manufacture of non-invasive diagnostic genetics tests
Byron has had a long career in the private and public sectors in business, law and government service. From 2009 to 2011 he served as one of ten bipartisan nationwide members on the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission. Byron has served since 2005 on the advisory board of the Harvard Law School Program on Corporate Governance, www.Law.Harvard.Edu/programs/corp_gov, which hosts the world’s leading blog on corporate governance and financial regulation. From 2000 to 2011, he was Of Counsel to Robbins, Geller, Rudman & Dowd, www.RGRDlaw.com, and its predecessor law firms, the world’s largest plaintiffs’ securities practice with leadership roles in some historic litigations.
From 1980 to 1983, during the second of Jerry Brown’s four terms as California Governor, Byron served as Legal Affairs Secretary, responsible for litigation by and against the Governor, judicial appointments, liaison with the Attorney General, Judiciary and State Bar, legal advice to the Governor and members of his Cabinet, and exercise of the Governor’s powers of extradition and clemency.
Byron attended Stanford University on a full Alfred P. Sloan academic scholarship, graduating with Great Distinction with an A.B. in Political Science, as a participant in the Honors Program in Social Thought and Institutions, and received his J.D. Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School.